Wednesday, August 18, 2010

walking down the memory lane...

spring is blossoming! ~ Wellington Botanical Garden ~


salam...

As I was browsing through my home page, suddenly, my eyes caught on something ...it was a name of a my ‘big crush’ in Welly (long time ago) in my friend list in FB...I should say that the name was a stranger’s name because, honestly, I’ve never been really acquainted with him personally...but yeah, being an adolescent with turbulent hormones at that time, this one unique name did flicker something inside me...haha...but, upon seeing the name, my hand was itching to click on it...and yeah, I did click on it...I couldn’t resist the urge to know his whereabouts, what he’s doing now, has he come back home etc...one thing for sure, he hasn’t returned yet...


I clicked on the video that his friend tagged him with...and seeing his old personality, which is so comfortable with guitar playing reminded me of my good old days in Welly when we had the annual Malaysian Nights organised by WMSO...in the video, he was playing guitar (as usual) while his friend sang...it could be entertaining (seriously) but then, a realization was drawn upon me...it is:

I am no longer the 21/22 year old girl who loved music so much and fun things in a Party (in this case the PARTY means pot luck gatherings at Malaysians’ houses that we used to do A LOT back in Welly). I’m growing old now...apparently, age is catching up with me...I could no longer stand the noise music played by Hitz.fm/ Fly.fm /Hot.fm...nowadays, I still listen to music but I kinda switch my station from Hitz to Red.fm...from listening to the loud music by Linkin Park, Evanescence or Creed, now I listen to Maher Zain’s songs or Taylor Swift or listen to my all time favourite of old boy bands like Westlife...

this is what I mean by PARTY!! Eating Time!!!



Eid Mubarak celebration @ Malaysia HICOM
Gosh...I have changed, right? But I hope that my change is for good...(Insyaallah..)...I can always be the crazy, indifferent, happy-go-lucky, risk taker person I am and enjoy life to the max, but...I could never tolerate loud music anymore...and I realized that since I started my career as a teacher, I try to be the good role model to my students...and I will make sure that I will “tegur” them if they commit a mistake (is it ‘tegur’?? or more like scolding? Yelling? Gosh...I hope my students will understand my motives when I ‘tegur’ them because it seems that my tone sometimes were out of control...)
Vics' TESOL students cohort 1

And back to the vid, I could say that I could never enjoy something like that anymore...and I’m amazed that these people could still have fun with something like that...but then, I guess living abroad with no close relatives, you only have friends and other fellow Malaysians to rely on each other...Life could be tough (I know the feeling so well)...and having fun through that way brings you closer to each other and you feel like you have some sort of similarity that can relate you to home...that’s why they keep on doing the pot luck gatherings and break fasting together even though some of them are already my age or older, whilst the new comers to Welly are much younger than them...but one thing that I hope is, they will never forget Allah SWT wherever they are...God bless them...semoga sentiasa dirahmati, diberkati dan dilindungi Allah SWT...amin...

Note: I notice that he has grown wild beards...it changes his innocent, boyish look with long hair that used to be his image years ago...and indeed, he looks like a grown up man now (sesuai la dengan umur walaupun the traces of boyish look still apparent on his face *smile*)...I wish that despite his physical changes, his innocence, quiet and reserved personality will stay with him...that’s the things that I love most about him *wink*...

my beloved Victoria University of Wellington, NZ (Kelburn Campus)
~~the place where memories were created, experiences were gained, knowledge were acquired... the place that forever will be special in the heart of a girl who embraces her luck, finding true friends and struggling to achieve her dreams...the place that will always be cherished, remembered, well-appreciated by Huda Othman~~

6 comments:

Iqbal Ismail said...

You are fine just the way you are teacher (lagu Bruno Mars tu.. Just the way you are cepat2 dengar cepat!)

Aida Ikmal said...

huda!! kebetulan aku pun rindu waktu kita kat welly.. sangat2 best!!

IMmeHuda said...

iqbal - hehe..tq iqbal...I think that I'm just fine the way I am now (ye kot..haha)..time for searching for identity is over..sekarang masa nk buat amal ibadat lebih2 jer..(err..adakah bunyik mcm org2 tua..hurm,,) hehe..u, take care ya..

aunty aida - well...kenangan welly tue among the sweetest/ best years in life..yg sentiasa dirindui..takkan boleh lupa seumur hidup la..sebab welly la, aku dapat aunty aida & uncle ikmal!!..and all our friends esp. everton hall peeps..hehe

syamilsofiah said...

salam~teacher!!
i LIKE this entry very much=)
it reminds me of the older days i had at school~boo hoo hoo...
*btw,i also love ur entry on luRve~hahahaha!!=D

syameem said...

haha seriously funny pas2 nmpk cm wtk baek je cara teacher brparty
best2

IMmeHuda said...

syameem - haha..i memang baik tau dari dulu sampai sekarang...haha (ayat perasan)..i heard that u r now in egypt, take care ya..always keep in touch!

the wise one

an ordinary teacher teaches.. a good teacher demonstrates.. a great teacher inspires..
~~Scholastics~~



the world is like a book...those who don't travel read only one page..
~~St. Augustine ~~