Sunday, August 15, 2010

London - Part 2


a unique signboard in Walthamstow



LONDON - PART 2


Finally, I managed to get some sleep...it wasn’t a good night sleep for I dreamt of unpleasant things on my 1st night here...hehehe...


At 5.45am...my alarm went off, causing me to stir from my sleep...(hebat ooo...pi kerja hari-hari pon takde bangun awal2 cam ni..hehe..) as usual...I still felt sleepy so, I snoozed my phone for a few times...after about half an hour later, somebody knocked on my door...it was pak Uteh waking me up so that I would not miss my Subuh prayer..it was true then, at 6.15am, the sky was already turning to grey with dimmed lights started to stretch on the horizon..



I quickly went to the bathroom, grrr...the cold water running down my face the moment I washed my sleepy face again reminded me of Everton Hall...gosh...I forgot how terrible this situation could be...taking ablution or a shower was the most miserable thing for me since my days in Welly...the cold water could be vindictive enough to my body...at these times, even the hot water couldn’t help much especially when the cold water & hot water tap are separated...why can’t they just combined those two into one? It makes life a hell lot easier and less depressed...


At 7a.m...I was ready...but my mind was not functioning well...the cold was killing...and the grumbling stomach was driving me nuts...I was like the starving giant; trapped in the North Pole...breakfast would not be ready until 8am...before I went down to the living room, I glimpsed through my room’s windows and saw the colonial buildings (the type of buildings that I admire) with brownish old bricks – the typical English-style house design..what a view! It took my breath away..Subhanallah...


Later on, so as not to waste time, Mak Uteh & Pak Uteh suggested that we explored the Walthamstow suburb for a while before it was time for breakfast...I couldn’t agree more..by the way (BTW), from Trinity House to the town was about 3 mins walking distance...

So, we started our journey that morning – walking slowly until we saw a lane covered with red bricks only for the use of pedestrians. ..on the left and right sides of the road, there are lots of buildings – shops, market, barbers, sundry shops, small bookstores, restaurants etc... well, walking down the cobblestone streets reminds me of Manners St. in Welly...feels like walking down the memory lane...imagine that a small suburb outskirt of London, could offer so much beauty for the eyes to feast...allahuakbar (God is the Almighty)...I really loved what I saw...


Well...as a tourist, we must act as tourist! ---> that’s my principle when it comes to travelling!

Based on the above principle, yes, we did act like tourists!! We took photos practically everywhere! You name it – the map, the bus station, the shops and even the signboard (this is a MUST – as a proof that we had been there! hehe)...we definitely had the time of our own, never ever bothered with those piercing eyes, staring at us as if we were clowns – those were the locals, apparently.



At 8am, we walked back to our B&B...my stomach again started new rhythm...this one, it resembled the sound of a train ~~choo choo train..lalala~~ I was totally, definitely starving!!! Walking back to the House, my teeth were shattering – the great combination of hunger and cold weather! (note: the temperature was about 4`C at that time with gentle breeze)...grrrr...

The moment I stepped into the House, the nice smell of lavender welcomed me and of course, the warmth radiated from the centralised heater also felt like an energy booster for me.. not wanting to wait no more, I dashed straight into the dining room and voila! – The bread was ready... *smile widely*


I ate 4 slices of bread – it tasted so wonderful...until that moment, I realized how much I miss the bread from Welly (we used to eat a budget bread called “Pam’s” back then)...honestly, the bread from these countries taste much better and tastier than Malaysia bread (not to be ungrateful but seriously...even Gardenia couldn’t compete)...It tastes softer, smells nicer and milkier! And the butter as well – so soft and delicious, even thinking about it right now drools my saliva...


Well...the stomach is full, the body is warm and whoa! – I’m all set for the day’s journey! =)



2 comments:

Aida Ikmal said...

omg! canteknya! kebetulan aku pun kerinduan kat welly hihi..

wellington = the best years of my life!! ;)

IMmeHuda said...

aunty aida - hehehe...aku pun sama...rindu wellington yg sngat berangin kuat tue...rasa mcm nk balik sana lg...rindu!!! huuu...

the wise one

an ordinary teacher teaches.. a good teacher demonstrates.. a great teacher inspires..
~~Scholastics~~



the world is like a book...those who don't travel read only one page..
~~St. Augustine ~~